Serves as the chief executive officer of the booster club and has the following duties:
- Presides at all regularly scheduled meetings and special meetings.
- Sets the agenda for all Booster Club and Board meetings.
- Serves as the Chairperson of the Board of Directors
- Serves as a non-voting, ex-officio member of all committees, except the nominating committee.
- Ensures the efficient operation of the Booster Club through the committee structure and to generally promote the welfare and advancement of the CvHS Athletic's Program and Booster Club.
- Acts as the Booster Club representative for all coordinating activities that require the Booster Club's participation.
- Appoints the standing committee chairpersons by May 15th each year, if possible, and the chairpersons of any special committees as noted or as he/she deems necessary from time to time.
- Serves as the chairperson of the membership committee.
- Works in conjunction with the President to establish general fund raising events.
- In absence or disability of the President, the Vice President performs the duties of the President and assumes the office of the President for the unexpired term if said office becomes vacant.
- Works closely with the President to ensure a smooth flow of operations and functionality of the organization.
- Attends all regular and special called Booster Club meetings and keeps an accurate and permanent record (written meeting minutes) of any actions taken at meetings of the Booster Club and reports same at next regular meeting or when called on to do so by the President.
- Ensures that copies of the approved minutes are maintained at a place designated and announced to the membership by the President and that copies are provided to the membership. (Including electronic storage, uploading to egroups, and via emails.)
- Ensures that copies of the approved treasurer’s report and annual budget are maintained in a secure location and that copies are timely provided to the membership. (Includes electronic storage, uploading to egroups, and via emails.)
- Ensures that approved, signed and executed contracts entered into by the Booster Club are maintained in a secure location.
- Maintains an up-to-date roster and contact information of voting members and volunteer members of the Booster Club as provided by the Booster Club members.
- Records attendance of Board members at all scheduled Board and member meetings.
- Ensures that all meeting notices, letters, and thank-you notes are sent out in a timely manner as instructed by the President.
- Receives, documents and deposits money received on behalf of the Booster Club and pays its bills using the Booster Club’s approved guidelines.
- Receives all monies collected from any fund raising activities or events together with a receipt and expenditure report from the responsible committee Chairperson, or Athletic Director, and timely deposits those funds to the appropriate account.
- Documents monies received and requires similar receipts for monies transferred to others.
- Keeps the Board of Directors informed as to the accounting and balances of budgeted items on a monthly basis.
- Submits a financial report and status of the general fund and all team accounts to the Board of Directors and membership at scheduled Booster Club meetings and as otherwise requested by the President.
- Ensures that the Booster Club's Federal and State tax returns are prepared and filed in a timely manner.
- Documents and prepares deposit tickets for monies collected from team and general fund raising events and timely deposits those funds to the appropriate account.
- Serves as an ex officio member of the budget committee.
- Serves as a voting member of the board.
- Helps through active involvement with booster club functions and decision making processes to ensure the efficient operation of the Booster Club and continuity of operations